New single box solution for routing and security provides secure and reliable remote access in an increasingly connected world.
The OWL 3G Industrial Cellular Router offers increased routing functionalities and advanced security capabilities in a single, reliable product. Its Web interface supports a rich set of configurations and the enhanced software technologies make it easy to customize.
- Optimal network performance – redundancy provided by dual SIM cards and two Ethernet ports guarantees the highest network availability in harsh conditions, along with best-in-class integrated firewall protection to address growing security concerns.
- Easily configurable and customizable – while remaining simple to configure and use with minimal product knowledge, its open LINUX platform allows for advanced customization.
- Reliable remote access – remote access to widely distributed machines, industrial equipment and mobile applications enables customers to monitor and control industrial equipment remotely. This minimizes time-consuming on-site visits and delivers cost savings.
The OWL 3G industrial cellular router is designed for industrial applications where hardened, industrial-grade solutions are required to deliver high-performance routing, while ensuring network security.
The OWL 3G is a reliable routing and security solution for industrial applications. The router’s configuration reduces total infrastructure costs by combining functionalities; decreases potential failure points; and makes overall management and monitoring easier.
As machine builders, system integrators and automation vendors search for easy and cost-effective ways to monitor and troubleshoot machines without going on-site or creating connections where wired networks are not feasible, the OWL 3G’s cellular capabilities become vastly important. Problems can be solved quickly and support costs can be drastically reduced with the OWL 3G’s remote access capabilities.
The new OWL 3G has a comprehensive set of features designed for use in power transmission and distribution and machine building settings. Due to its ability to securely and reliably connect an Ethernet network to the Internet, the OWL 3G is a key solution for companies taking advantage of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) technologies.
The OWL 3G solution is also relevant for other industrial sectors, including water and wastewater, wind and solar power, security, and transportation.
The OWL 3G is equipped with two Ethernet 10/100 ports, offering greater configuration and customization. Its two SIM card holders back up communication in mobile operator networks and provide failover to one another, enhancing overall network availability.
The 3G Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS)/High Speed Packet Access (HSPA)+ router supports creation of virtual private network (VPN) tunnels using technologies, including IPsec, OpenVPN and Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP), to ensure secure communication. A web interface provides robust statistics and a detailed log of the 3G router’s activities and signal strength.
Benefits at a Glance
- Two-in-one solution offering both routing and security capabilities
- Hardened for substations
- EN 301 511, EN 301 908-1/-2/-13, E8, EN 60 950 and CE compliant
- Operating environment of -40˚C to +70˚C
- Advanced routing and networking functions
- Dual SIM cards use two different network operations in combination with the automatic switchover function
- Open LINUX platform
- Secure VPN Tunneling (OpenVPN, IPsec VPN) through X.509 authentification
- Supports functions: DHCP, NAT, NAT-T, DynDNS, NTP, VRRP, control by SMS