The versatile routing functions and large bandwidth of the modular backbone managed switches from the Hirschmann™ MACH4000 family equip automation networks to deal with current and future network challenges, while making unscheduled down times a thing of the past.
Some of the Key Benefits of the MACH4000 Backbone Switches
- Future-proof backbone solutions, due to large bandwidth and effective layer 2 and layer 3 routing functions
- Application flexibility, owing to hot-swappable media modules (including efficient powering of devices via PoE)
- Fast redundancy methods guarantee maximum network availability
- Highest level of data security, with numerous security mechanisms
- Five different versions with high Gigabit Ethernet port density (10/100/1000 BASE-TX) and – depending on the individual model – additional 10 Gigabit interfaces (10000 BASE-FX)
- Convenient network administration using Industrial HiVision management software from Hirschmann
- Robust and compact housing (480 x 88 x 435 mm)
- High resistance to shock, vibration and electromagnetic interference
- Industry-specific approvals
- Operating temperature range from 0°C to +60°C
- IP20 protection rating
- USB interface for ACA auto-configuration adapter
- Can be ideally combined with all switches, routers and access points from Hirschmann, and with Ethernet cable from Belden
Applications for the Hirschmann MACH4000 Family
Capable of seamless integration into PROFINET and EtherNet/IP environments, the switches in the MACH4000 family can be used in all networks where large bandwidth and versatile routing functions are required. This applies to factory automation, where secure connections between production and corporate networks are needed – in the automotive area, for example – as well as to rail transport (for networking management, control and security systems, etc.).
Because Ethernet is also becoming the standard in the shipping industry, compact backbone systems are in demand. In addition, the MACH4000 family is certified for maritime applications by Germanischer Lloyd (GL). The switches are therefore ideal for use on oil platforms, where they can be employed to set up VLANs or connect support systems.
Finally, the MACH4000 switches are ideally suited for power transmission and distribution, wind farms and solar power plants backbone systems.