Belden’s new BAT867-R wireless access point enables fast data transmission speeds at a lower cost, since it was designed to include a select set of the most commonly used features.
This device supports high-speed IEEE 802.11ac data rates, making it the fastest wireless device in Belden’s portfolio. Its compact size, rugged design and prioritised features make it ideal for setting up cost-effective WLAN installations where costlier, high-end devices just aren’t needed.
Key benefits include:
• Enables high-speed data transmission up to 867 Mbps – meets IEEE 802.11ac standard (also backward compatible to a/b/g/n standards).
• Can be used as an access point, client, router or bridge.
• Helps reduce overall costs by only buying essential features (one radio, one Ethernet port, one power supply).
• Instills confidence – this device can withstand signal interference, vibrations and EMC.
• Taps into extensive management, redundancy and security functions with Hirschmann’s operating system, HiLCOS.
• Allows users to reliably monitor and operate machines from wireless tablets/smartphones.
• Improves machine uptime and reduces maintenance.
• Makes warehousing more efficient by providing wireless connectivity for moving vehicles.
• Target applications: The BAT867-R is a great fit for discrete automation and machine building settings, or wherever a compact, cost-effective wireless access point is needed. It can provide reliable wireless connectivity for moving vehicles and enable wireless access for machine control, maintenance and diagnostics.
For more information contact Fons de Leeuw, Profitek, +27 (0)12 345 6544, email@example.com, www.profiteksa.com
Article taken from South African Instrumentation & Control