EAGLE40 Device with Multiport Configuration Offers Comprehensive Cybersecurity to Maximize Production Network Uptime
St. Louis, Missouri – February 25, 2020 – Belden, Inc., a global leader in signal transmission solutions for mission-critical applications, presents its Hirschmann EAGLE next-generation industrial firewall to meet the evolving cybersecurity demands of today’s industrial automation networks.
Together with the Hirschmann Security Operating System (HiSecOS), the EAGLE40 firewall offers a comprehensive solution to securely monitor communication flow. Specifically designed for operational technology (OT) applications, the device hardens networks at the factory floor, especially those requiring high-performance support, such as within industrial and process automation systems.
With the new Hirschmann EAGLE40 next-generation firewall, teams benefit from:
- Heightened performance and security, including more port options with increased bandwidth and encryption capabilities.
- Unrivaled system configurability for all skill levels with a comprehensive graphical user interface, firewall learning mode and deep packet inspection (DPI) modules.
- Maximum defensibility against the physical and virtual threats of today’s industrial environments with ruggedized housing to guarantee around-the-clock network monitoring.
- Three Gigabit Ethernet ports; supporting up to 1 Gbit/s throughput
- HiSecOS with SPI and DPI capabilities for versatility, cost-efficiency and maximum protection against zero-delay exploits
- IPsec VPN for secure data encryption
- Dynamic-routing support with OSPF and VRRP router redundancy for maximum uptime
- Graphical HTML 5 web user interface for easy configuration
- Convection-cooled metal housing for DIN rail mounting
- Operating temperature range of -40°C to +70°C
- Assists with cybersecurity regulations: NERC CIP, IEC 62443, NIST (in combination with Tripwire)
- Meets industry standards and approvals for process automation: ISA-12.12.-01 Class 1 Div. 2 – Haz. Loc; ATEX-95 Category 3G (Zone 2)
- Flexible management and monitoring options: Industrial HiVision, Tripwire Enterprise, Log Center
- Hardware for further DPI modules, advanced intrusion and anomaly detection capabilities (via future software upgrades)
“IP-based communication presents great opportunity for industrial infrastructures, but network engineers must address the risks and growing sophistication of the cyber landscape,” said Thomas Rodenbusch-Mohr, product manager at Belden. “The EAGLE40 addresses the cybersecurity gap that once existed in industrial automation by adapting to meet industry-specific demands without compromising overall functionality and system uptime.”
Designed with a convection-cooled metal housing to meet a variety of industrial ratings, the device provides a ruggedized cybersecurity solution to the factory floor without compromising network performance. This is especially pertinent to OT teams seeking to optimize cybersecurity under the harsh conditions present in machine building and general manufacturing environments.
For more information contact Fons de Leeuw, Profitek, 086 165 4321, firstname.lastname@example.org